TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A victim of last Tuesday’s shooting in Monnish Park has passed away.
The suspect, Robert Mitchell Williams, 40, has now been charged with murder.
Williams is held on a $150,000 bond, superseding the previous charge of attempted murder.
The shooting occurred on October 29 at 12:30 a.m., according to the Tuscaloosa Police Department. Williams and the victim, 36-year-old Rayshard Richey, were allegedly arguing over money which escalated to a shooting.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget
- The prehistoric world has made its way to Birmingham for the weekend
- Which states are you most likely to die in an animal attack?
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says
- Brian Laundrie manhunt: Search picks up at Carlton Reserve after FBI issues arrest warrant for Gabby Petito’s fiancé