TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say they’ve charged an Alabama teenager with capital murder in the fatal shooting of his high school classmate.
Trussville police said in a statement Thursday that 17-year-old Steven Chase Lafoy called 911 early Wednesday morning to report a shooting. Police said officers responding to the home found 18-year-old Trent Thomas Parkerson dead in a locked car with a single gunshot wound to the head. Investigators said they believe a fight broke out over an alleged theft and Parkerson was shot as he was trying to leave.
Lafoy was being held Thursday at the Jefferson County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
- NYPD vehicle drives into crowd during George Floyd protest; Mayor speaks out
- Central AL Forecast: Basking in the Sun for the Upcoming Week
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Live video: More cars burn following protests in downtown Cleveland