WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Walker County Sheriff’s Office report that suspects in connection to computers stolen from Valley High School have been arrested. Eight of the 10 stolen laptops have been recovered.
According to the office, Investigator Jason Bridges looked into the case. Obtained video footage provided by Valley High School showed two individuals entering the building and taking the items. The footage was later released to the public and with the help of numerous tips, the suspects were identified.
Arrest warrants were secured for Caleb Roger Gilbert and Kourtney Brook Victory (see picture). According to the sheriff’s office, the suspects were taken into custody within a couple of hours.
Further attempts are being made to locate the stolen items.
During an interview, suspects Gilbert and Victory admitted that they broke into the school and stole the computers because they “were bored.”
The duo was placed in the Walker County Jail and now faces charges of felony burglary and theft of property.
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Lorna Road
- Central AL Forecast: Cooler & Quiet as Fall Begins on Tuesday
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma