Deputies with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a high-speed pursuit, resulting in a crash where four people were hurt.
At about 10 p.m. Saturday, deputies featured on the A&E show “Live PD” spotted a man known to have outstanding warrants for theft and drugs. According to a release from the department, deputies attempted to make a traffic stop on the man when he accelerated in his vehicle and attempted to flee at a high rate of speed. At some point, deputies lost sight of the vehicle.
“The man continued until he caused a crash that involved multiple vehicles near Bessemer Road and Avenue W,” the release stated. “As a result of the crash, 4 people had to be transported to the hospital, some with serious injuries.”
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash.
- Hopkins, UAB ground game chew up UTEP
- ‘It was pretty terrifying’: Hero officers rescue unconscious woman from burning car in Farmville
- Texas search group resumes effort to find Aniah Blanchard
- Georgia holds on to win, 21-14 over Auburn Tigers
- Tua throws 2 TDs, leaves game with injury; Tide defeats Mississippi State 38-7