Deputies with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a high-speed pursuit, resulting in a crash where four people were hurt.
At about 10 p.m. Saturday, deputies featured on the A&E show “Live PD” spotted a man known to have outstanding warrants for theft and drugs. According to a release from the department, deputies attempted to make a traffic stop on the man when he accelerated in his vehicle and attempted to flee at a high rate of speed. At some point, deputies lost sight of the vehicle.
“The man continued until he caused a crash that involved multiple vehicles near Bessemer Road and Avenue W,” the release stated. “As a result of the crash, 4 people had to be transported to the hospital, some with serious injuries.”
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash.
- JCSO investigating Birchwood Street homicide
- Residents asking for help fixing roads in Greene County after flooding
- Alabama sheriff tries to bar gambling, drinking evidence
- Ex-Auburn players Robinson, Bray granted bond on pot charges
- Super Tuesday countdown: Texas may be a make-or-break for 2020 Democratic candidates