BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — One person is in custody following a police pursuit that began in the Roebuck community and ended along Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard in downtown Birmingham Monday afternoon.
According to Sgt. Rodarius Mauldin of the Birmingham Police Department, the chase began shortly after 1 p.m. after officers noticed someone shooting at another person on Roebuck Parkway. Officers chased the person up to the 2100 block of Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard, where the suspect’s vehicle crashed.
Upon arresting the suspect, officers found multiples weapons inside the vehicle. No one was injured in the shooting incident or the police pursuit.
- Bobblehead of Birmingham Black Barons baseball great Satchel Paige released
- Restaurant owners fear COVID-19 pandemic in winter could end their livelihoods
- Interactive map detailing Alabama historic sites available
- Rush Limbaugh tells listeners he’s facing ‘death sentence’ from cancer fight
- Dodgers fan to cheer on World Series run with drive-in parties