BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Nearly two years after being charged with beating his first wife, one man is being charged with strangling his second.
Arthur Leon McKinney Jr., 44, was arrested Thursday and charged with first-degree domestic violence strangulation. According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, the victim was McKinney’s wife, whom he had been married to for only three months.
She required medical treatment due to injuries to her head, eye, hand and throat, which she sustained at their home on Ruff Road in Pinson.
At the time of his arrest, McKinney was out on bond in a separate case where he is accused of beating his first wife to death back in 2018.
McKinney is being held without bond.
- Auburn overcomes 17-point deficit to beat Tennessee 73-66
- 2020 Severe Weather Preparedness sales tax holiday
- Central AL Forecast: Dry until Monday
- Calhoun County Commission holding press conference concerning Coronavirus
- Former All-American Auburn softball player Kasey Cooper held softball camp