BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (1/2): The Brent Police Department has identified the suspect accused of killing a man New Year’s Day.
Eric Anderson is charged with the killing of 28-year-old Rodrecus Moore Wednesday afternoon.
Anderson is currently being held at the Bibb County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL (1/1): Police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened Wednesday afternoon in Bibb County.
Brent police chief Terry Nichols confirmed there was a fatal shooting around 5 p.m. on South Scottsville Road near Anderson Street in Brent where a man was shot and killed.
Police have one suspect in custody and the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting.
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps veteran cope with PTSD
- Search underway for missing 85-year-old woman in Birmingham area
- Vestavia Hills doctor sentenced to 30 years in prison for producing, possessing child pornography
- 2 former Selma law enforcement officers indicted on use of excessive force charges