CALHOUNG COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — On Tuesday, a bomb squad was called to a property on Cochran Springs Road in Calhoun County to destroy a pipe bomb that had been found by the owner.
According to Calhoun County Sheriff Matthew Wade, the foot-long bomb was reported at approximately 2:20 p.m. on a property. The Gadsden Police Department’s bomb squad dealt with the bomb and destroyed it at the scene.
The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the case and will turn over their findings to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- People from Alabama crossing state lines to play lottery
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, police say
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- Remains of more than 250 migrants found along southern border in 2020
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours