MIDFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say a decomposing body has been found in the closet of an abandoned home.
News outlets report the remains were located Wednesday morning inside a house in Midfield. The remains have not been identified. The Midfield police chief says a tip led officers to the body.
The State Bureau of Investigation worked with Midfield police on the case.
- Jefferson County Commission extends closure of courthouses, purchases 55 hospital beds in ’emergency meeting’
- Tuscaloosa restaurants continue to struggle in COVID-19 pandemic
- REPORT: Alabama giving addresses of COVID-19 patients to police, first responders
- How COVID-19 is affecting the Alabama Legislature
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – March 31, 2020