PINSON, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that left a woman injured in Pinson Tuesday night.
According to the JCSO, deputies were dispatched to the 4000 block of St. John Drive at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, where they found a 22-year-old passenger in a car that had been injured in gunfire.
“She and three other subjects were driving away from the victim’s home when they heard several shots,” a release from the JCSO stated. “The victim realized she had been grazed across the head by one of the bullets.”
The victim was subsequently transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The case remains under investigation.
- Gadsden residents voice concerns over animal rendering plant plans
- No emergency warming shelters in Calhoun County, hotel vouchers offered to those in need
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway
- California could run out of ICU beds by Christmas due to COVID-19, officials say
- Authorities searching for missing Walker Co. woman