BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham police are investigating a shooting that injured one person Tuesday night in east Birmingham.
Around 8:15 p.m., police responded to the 400 block of Valley Road and 4th Avenue on multiple call os a shooting in the area. Callers said they heard around four to five shots, Birmingham PD reports.
The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to Birmingham PD. At this time, investigators are searching for the shooter who they believe is still in the area.
Police brought out the K-9 unit to aid the search.
- Tracking the Tropics: Development possible in Caribbean later this week or this weekend
- Gulf Coast beaches to reopen Friday after Hurricane Sally’s destruction
- Altoona man arrested for alleged sexual abuse of 5-year-old child
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended
- Ronald McDonald House is more than a place to stay for families with sick children. It’s a community.