FORT PAYNE, Ala. (WHNT) — One person is in custody following an officer-involved shooting and high-speed chase through DeKalb County.
The chase happened around 10 p.m. Monday night and according to a sheriff’s office spokesperson, the chase ended at the 218 on-ramp of I-59 in Fort Payne.
The suspect was transported by DeKalb Ambulance Service to Huntsville Hospital and is now in custody.
No deputies or law enforcement officers were injured during the pursuit.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Investigators (ALEA) are investigating.
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- West Alabama bingo hall opposes gambling bill
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’