LINCOLN, Ala. (WIAT) — The Lincoln Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting that happened at the Sandbar and Grill on Honda Drive in town.
Kennon Dequaries Curry, 31, of Northport, was shot at the restaurant early Saturday morning in Lincoln. According to Talladega County Coroner Shaddix Murphy, Curry was pronounced dead at 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to Murphy, Curry’s body has been sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science to establish the cause of death.
CBS 42 has reached out to the LPD to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the shooting or if any arrests have been made in the case.
On Monday afternoon, the department released a statement previously confirmed by CBS 42.
“Lincoln Police Department is asking anyone with any information or video footage of the event to come forward,” the statement read. “Due to the crowd at the time of the shooting, we are confident that someone has information.”
Those with information on the shooting are encouraged to contact Capt. Hallmark at 205-763-4064, Investigator Crow at 205-763-4070 or Central Dispatch at 256-761-1556.
- After ‘Rust’ shooting, a look back at other fatal on-set accidents
- These are the ‘rattiest’ cities in the US, according to national pest-control company
- Virginia woman holding toddler killed after being struck by tractor-trailer; child suffers serious injuries
- Trussville woman charged with aggravated child abuse following investigation
- Little-known approach to pancreatic cancer treatment offers hope to patients