LINCOLN, Ala. (WIAT) — The Lincoln Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting that happened at the Sandbar and Grill on Honda Drive in town.
Kennon Dequaries Curry, 31, of Northport, was shot at the restaurant early Saturday morning in Lincoln. According to Talladega County Coroner Shaddix Murphy, Curry was pronounced dead at 4 a.m. Saturday.
According to Murphy, Curry’s body has been sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science to establish the cause of death.
CBS 42 has reached out to the LPD to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the shooting or if any arrests have been made in the case.
On Monday afternoon, the department released a statement previously confirmed by CBS 42.
“Lincoln Police Department is asking anyone with any information or video footage of the event to come forward,” the statement read. “Due to the crowd at the time of the shooting, we are confident that someone has information.”
Those with information on the shooting are encouraged to contact Capt. Hallmark at 205-763-4064, Investigator Crow at 205-763-4070 or Central Dispatch at 256-761-1556.
- Man steals puppy from couple at knifepoint in Arby’s parking lot
- Downed tree blocks roadway, tangles powerlines
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- NYT report indicates Trump paid Ivanka $747,622 in consulting fees, then deducted them from taxes
- Gov. Ivey speaks on state’s COVID-19 efforts