TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A Northport man is dead after being struck by a car Saturday night near Livingston.
According to reports from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, a single-vehicle crash occurred at 9:55 p.m. along I-59 near the 14 mile marker when the driver of a 2006 Ford Mustang struck pedestrian Samuel Rodell Scott, 24, of Northport. Scott was pronounced dead at the scene, which was three miles from Livingston city limits.
The driver of the Mustang was not injured.
No further information was released on the circumstances surrounding the crash. State Troopers continue to investigate.
- Teachers discuss concerns with heading back to school this fall
- Trump wears mask in public for first time during pandemic
- Two officers shot in McAllen, transported to hospital
- Funeral held for Royta Giles Jr. killed in Hoover Galleria shooting
- Central AL Forecast: Rainy Sunday; Heat cranks up next week