DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Authorities haven’t filed any charges in the death of a man who police say was fatally wounded while breaking into a home in south Alabama.
The Houston County Sheriff’s Office says 34-year-old Dantrail Mills of Ozark suffered multiple gunshot wounds in a confrontation that occurred early Sunday. He allegedly kicked in a door and shot at the male homeowner, who returned fire. Investigators are still reviewing what happened but the case could fall under a state law that lets people use force to protect themselves.
A prosecutor says Mills knew the people inside the house, but the relationship is unclear. Their names haven’t been released.
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Kyle Rittenhouse to face homicide charges in Wisconsin after judge OKs extradition request
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- 81-year-old woman missing since June found dead just blocks from her home in abandoned home