BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Eight months after Hueytown mother Tiffany Osborne was found dead under a mattress in a Bessemer garbage dump, an arrest has been made in her murder.
Cedric Earl Watts, 36, of Midfield has been charged with killing Osborne, who had gone missing from her home back in February. Watts is currently in the Jefferson County Jail on an unrelated probation violation.
According to Cathy Smitherman, Osborne’s mother, she last saw her daughter Feb. 17 at her home in Hueytown. She said that night, Osborne texted her to say she was going to Midfield to visit her boyfriend. On April 2, Osborne’s body was found at the dump.
Osborne, 31, had three children.
Watts will continue to be held on no bond for the new charge of murder.
- Tuscaloosa organizations work together to feed families over holiday
- Senate passes bill to avoid shutdown after clash over vaccine mandates
- Hunter shoots first buck, only to watch four bears start eating it
- JCCEO tells HeadStart, CSBG employees the commission can’t pay wages less than 24 hours before payday
- ‘He was just a solid rock’: Fallen Wilcox County deputy’s son speaks to WKRG News 5