BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE: The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has identified the man who was shot and killed while riding his bike in Birmingham on Saturday.
Claude Alamin Jones, 20 of Birmingham, was shot and killed during a reported assault Saturday afternoon. The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with CBS 42 as this story develops.
ORIGINAL: According to the Birmingham Police Department, a man was riding a bicycle on the 100 block of Center Street South when he was shot multiple times and killed Saturday afternoon.
Police received a call that five shots were fired around 12:30 p.m. in the Titusville community. When they arrived, they found a male victim dead.
Authorities say that he was on a bicycle when he was approached by a suspect. An altercation took place before the shooting occurred. After being shot, the victim attempted to flee on foot, but collapsed nearby.
The suspect fled before officers arrived.
If there is anyone who has information pertaining to the case, please contact BPD at 205-254-1764 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- DCH will keep vaccination clinic open in Tuscaloosa
- Parents, you making this dangerous stroller mistake this summer?
- Birmingham artist says replacement of burned mural coming soon
- Anniston City Schools to require face coverings this fall
- Alabama education leaders leaving mask mandates up to local school boards