MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man is dead after exchanging gunfire with sheriff’s deputies near Mobile.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says someone called police Tuesday night because a neighbor was outside with a gun acting erratically. A spokesman says officers arrived and began talking to the man, who started shooting. Several deputies opened fire in response.
News outlets report 66-year-old Terrance Edward White died in the exchange. No police were hurt.
- Tuscaloosa police looking for man accused of leaving racist letter at church
- 1 injured in drive-by shooting in Center Point
- ‘You can be here and be gone in the blink of an eye.’: Fultondale tornado victims reflect on tragedy
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Bernie Sanders’ mittens, memes help raise $1.8 million for charity