BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham police responded to a shooting on 1460 21st St.North and found a 62-year-old man shot. Police say that the shooting happened just before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers say that paramedics took the victim to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He was not able to provide officers a description of the shooter and said he did not know why anyone would shoot him.
Police told CBS 42 that the victim is a transient and the shooting may have happened in an alley behind a house.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Alabama Department of Corrections searching for escaped inmate
- Two men confirmed dead after a single engine Cessna crashes at Dillingham Airfield
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead
- 1 killed, 2 injured in SW Cullman vehicle collision
- JeffCo. Sheriff’s Office investigating east Birmingham homicide