WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A man was recently arrested on the west side of Jasper after being wanted on capital murder warrants out of Jefferson County.
According to a post on the Walker County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, a citizen called in a tip Monday about Dalen Elaise Gaines, 23, of Sipsey, who was wanted by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office on capital murder charges.
“Within approximately 30 minutes from receiving the tip, Deputy Cory Franks found the subject in West Jasper and took him into custody without incident,” the post read. “Deputy Franks was assisted by other deputies and the Jasper Police Department.”
Gaines was transported to the Walker County Jail pending extradition to the Jefferson County Jail.
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Alabama Archives faces its legacy as Confederate ‘attic’
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say