CENTER POINT, Ala. (WIAT) — Two Jefferson County suspects are facing multiple drug related charges after sheriff’s office deputies obtained warrants for their arrest in a narcotics investigation.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, county narcotics detectives apprehended 38-year-old Antonio Terrell Purdom of Birmingham (see picture), in conjunction to the narcotics investigation.
Purdom was observed conducting activities that were consistent with drug transactions. Detectives also performed a traffic stop on Purdom’s vehicle where he was found to have illegal narcotics in his possession, according to the sheriff’s office.
A follow-up investigation at Purdom’s residence revealed a large number of illegal drugs and a firearm discovered by detectives.
Purdom was arrested for trafficking heroin, trafficking methamphetamine, unlawful possession of controlled substances, first-degree unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
He is held on a $2,000 bond. The sheriff’s office explains that the bond is set to this excess because of Purdom’s “extensive” history in illegal drug activity.
Sheriff’s office deputies also obtained a warrant against Tiffany Nation (see picture) for offenses of trafficking heroin, trafficking methamphetamine, three counts of unlawful possession of controlled substances, second-degree unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Nation was arrested in connection to the narcotics investigation.
Her bond amount has not been released at this time.
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Texas grand jury takes no action against man who killed church shooter
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- 5,000 gallons of sodium hydrosulfite spilled on I-59 in 18-wheeler accident