JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, a man is expected to survive after he was shot with a pistol during a struggle between two masked men. The incident occurred Monday, Dec. 2, 2019, on the 2300 block of Grayson Valley Drive.
Deputies responded to a call at 9:11 p.m. of a “man down” in the area. When they arrived, they found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound. The man told deputies that he had come home where he was confronted by two armed, masked men. The masked men demanded the victim to give over his wallet.
The victim proceeded to struggle with the men during a fight leading to the shooting. The masked men fled the scene.
Neighbors helped the victim until first responders arrived.
The victim’s injuries were deemed serious but non-life threatening.
The offense is under investigation.
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- No. 8 Alabama recovers from slow start to beat Georgia 89-79
- No injuries reported after fire breaks out at Fairfield transmission shop
- Family dispute leaves one dead in Dora shooting