JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has released the identity of a Jefferson County inmate who was found unresponsive in his cell.
The victim has been identified as 28-year-old Patrick Evan Dobbs. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office states that on Saturday, Feb.15 at 6:20 a.m., deputies found Dobbs in his bed at the Birmingham City Jail.
Deputies were alerted when Dobbs failed to get up for the morning headcount. Jail medical personnel made attempts to revive the inmate, but he could not be revived. Dobbs was pronounced dead at 7:21 a.m.
Dobbs’ body was transported to the Jefferson County Coroner’s office for an examination.
The sheriff’s office states that there were no signs of any physical injury and that Dobbs was alone in his cell all night. The coroner’s office has not determined a cause of death; however, the sheriff’s office says that the death appears to be health-related.
- Alabama inmate killed during fight with another prisoner
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- Child killed in fatal hit-and-run accident in east Birmingham
- Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick on board, Coast Guard says
- Video shows Disney raising American flag inside empty Magic Kingdom