ATMORE, Ala. (WIAT) — The circumstances surrounding the death of an inmate at Holman Correctional Facility are being investigated by the Alabama Department of Corrections.
According to a release by ADOC, prison guards discovered Ricky Gilland, 46, of Vinemont, dead in his cell on Oct. 18.
There is no foul play is suspected at the time and the final cause of death is pending autopsy results.
“This investigation is ongoing and additional information will be provided at its conclusion,” the release stated.
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- Alabama voter registration deadline is today
- Some states allow ballots if voters die before Election Day
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Titans fan reacts after team owner saves family from eviction