HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Hoover Police Department is investigating the circumstances surrounding a man being shot Sunday.
According to a release sent out by the department, officers responded to the 400 block of O’Neal Drive at 12:30 a.m. Sunday, where a 28-year-old male was found who was suffering from a single gunshot wound. The victim was subsequently transported to UAB Hospital, where he was treated and released hours later.
“The victim and a witness stated they were sitting in a vehicle outside of the witness’s residence when an unknown male approached the driver’s side window and fired one shot,” the release stated. “Both described the suspect as a black male wearing a dark hoodie who fled on foot after the shooting.”
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Detective Brad Fountain at 205-444-7562. Those who wish to remain anonymous and qualify for a cash reward are encouraged to call Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama at 205-254-7777.
- Alabama residents welcome back the return of SEC Football
- No. 2 Crimson Tide rolls on offense to 38-19 win over Mizzou
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court