GREENSBORO, Ala. (WIAT) — Greensboro Alabama Police Chief Mike Hamilton tells CBS 42 that two officers shot a suspect after he pulled out a shotgun.
The incident occurred Wednesday night around 11 p.m. Officers arrived at the scene and found the suspect behind a screen door. When asked to come out, the suspect refused to comply and put down his gun and continued to advance toward the officers. Chief Hamilton says that the officers, in turn, fired at the suspect in self-defense.
The suspect survived the shooting and officers were not hurt.
The SBI is investigating the case.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- NYPD vehicle drives into crowd during George Floyd protest; Mayor speaks out
- Central AL Forecast: Basking in the Sun for the Upcoming Week
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Live video: More cars burn following protests in downtown Cleveland