GREENSBORO, Ala. (WIAT) — Greensboro Alabama Police Chief Mike Hamilton tells CBS 42 that two officers shot a suspect after he pulled out a shotgun.
The incident occurred Wednesday night around 11 p.m. Officers arrived at the scene and found the suspect behind a screen door. When asked to come out, the suspect refused to comply and put down his gun and continued to advance toward the officers. Chief Hamilton says that the officers, in turn, fired at the suspect in self-defense.
The suspect survived the shooting and officers were not hurt.
The SBI is investigating the case.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief