DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — Police in suburban Atlanta say a man is in custody for allegedly shooting a woman to death in front of her 3-year-old daughter.
The woman, identified as 20-year-old Akiela Peters-Williams, was shot Friday inside a DeKalb County motel room.
After further investigation, DeKalb County Police spokeswoman Michaela Vincent says police arrested the victim’s boyfriend 22-year-old Shadrac Nkrumah of Atlanta.
Vincent tells local news outlets that when police arrived about 6 p.m., the child was still in the room. She has since been turned over to relatives.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief