DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — Police in suburban Atlanta say a man is in custody for allegedly shooting a woman to death in front of her 3-year-old daughter.
The woman, identified as 20-year-old Akiela Peters-Williams, was shot Friday inside a DeKalb County motel room.
After further investigation, DeKalb County Police spokeswoman Michaela Vincent says police arrested the victim’s boyfriend 22-year-old Shadrac Nkrumah of Atlanta.
Vincent tells local news outlets that when police arrived about 6 p.m., the child was still in the room. She has since been turned over to relatives.
- After student tests positive for COVID-19, Birmingham City Schools postpones remaining graduations
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Alabama nursing homes still not ready for visitors during pandemic
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- Kanye West donates $2M, funds college tuition plan for George Floyd’s daughter