BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge has sentenced a man to more than three years in prison for stealing from an Alabama country club.
Prosecutors say a judge imposed the 41-month sentence Friday on Michael Charles Vines. Vines pleaded guilty last year to fraud. He was accused of stealing more than $630,000 from the Country Club of Birmingham.
A news release from prosecutors says Vines worked on finances for the club from 2002 through 2018. They say he took money by making fraudulent entries into a financial management system and then making false claims to management and auditors.
- Tuscaloosa County voters head to the polls for absentee voting Saturday
- AMBER Alert canceled: Victims found safe, suspect in custody in Kansas
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’
- Briarwood Christian claims Bassmaster High School National Championship On Kentucky Lake
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep