BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge has sentenced a man to more than three years in prison for stealing from an Alabama country club.
Prosecutors say a judge imposed the 41-month sentence Friday on Michael Charles Vines. Vines pleaded guilty last year to fraud. He was accused of stealing more than $630,000 from the Country Club of Birmingham.
A news release from prosecutors says Vines worked on finances for the club from 2002 through 2018. They say he took money by making fraudulent entries into a financial management system and then making false claims to management and auditors.
- St. Clair County Jail temporarily closing due to assessment
- Newsfeed Now: “Glee” star goes missing; Remembering Charlie Daniels
- Alabama COVID-19 hospitalizations rise by 400 over 2 weeks
- Supreme Court says Manhattan district attorney can get Trump tax records
- Hoover councilman says Riverchase Galleria has an ‘image issue’