BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge has sentenced a man to more than three years in prison for stealing from an Alabama country club.
Prosecutors say a judge imposed the 41-month sentence Friday on Michael Charles Vines. Vines pleaded guilty last year to fraud. He was accused of stealing more than $630,000 from the Country Club of Birmingham.
A news release from prosecutors says Vines worked on finances for the club from 2002 through 2018. They say he took money by making fraudulent entries into a financial management system and then making false claims to management and auditors.
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center