BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A judge has sentenced a man to more than three years in prison for stealing from an Alabama country club.
Prosecutors say a judge imposed the 41-month sentence Friday on Michael Charles Vines. Vines pleaded guilty last year to fraud. He was accused of stealing more than $630,000 from the Country Club of Birmingham.
A news release from prosecutors says Vines worked on finances for the club from 2002 through 2018. They say he took money by making fraudulent entries into a financial management system and then making false claims to management and auditors.
- Etowah County schools distributing meal kits
- Stars of ‘Contagion’ reunite to offer coronavirus advice
- Police: 3 men shot at motorcycle club in Alabama
- Crying babies go head to head in the “Baby Sadness” bracket
- Accused drunk driver also charged with violating Indiana’s stay-at-home order