EUFAULA, Ala. (WDHN) — A Eufaula teacher now faces criminal charges after police say she engaged in sexual conduct with a minor.
According to the Eufaula Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Divisions, Amy S. Priest, 44, of Eufaula had sex with a student under the age of 19 at least twice. An EPD states the incidents did not happen on school property.
Police arrested Priest Monday, charging her with two counts of school employee engaging in sex with student under 19 years old. She is now in the Eufaula City Jail with a $50,000 bond.
Eufaula City Schools released a statement regarding the alleged incident:
Eufaula City Schools was notified of possible misconduct involving an employee and a student. The employee was immediately removed from the school and according to state law was placed on administrative leave with pay as an investigation is completed. Due to the potential criminal nature of this acquisition, the Eufaula Police Department is handling the investigation, and public comments are limited due to the active investigation. We are in constant contact with the police department and will continue with full cooperation. Keeping students safe is our first priority.Eufaula City Schools
No other information has been released at this time. The investigation is still ongoing.
- Babies at Brookwood Baptists NICU show off Halloween costumes
- Panera adds one of America’s favorite foods to its menu
- Florida, butt of election jokes, believes system is ready
- Tarrant to dedicate new city hall to Loxcil Tuck, the longest-serving female mayor in Alabama’s history
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus