DOTHAN, Ala. (WIAT) — The Dothan Police Department reports that a suspect has been arrested after the discovery of 13 pounds of marijuana inside their vehicle.
The incident happened on Monday, Jan. 19 when patrol officers stopped a vehicle in the 3600 block of Reeves Street for a traffic violation.
During the traffic stop, a K-9 was used and alerted their handler of the presence of narcotics inside the vehicle. After a search, officers found 13 pounds of marijuana in the front passenger floorboard.
The driver, 43-year-old Williams Tyrone Lawton of Elderberry Dr, Dothan, was arrested and charged with drug trafficking. Lawton was transported to the Dothan City Jail with a bond of $100,000.
- Jefferson Co. investigating deadly shooting at Centerpoint barbershop
- Man with outstanding warrants in Michigan involved in deadly car crash, arrested for DUI
- 17-year-old arrested for bringing firearm into Pleasant Grove High
- Bloomberg’s influence stretches far and wide
- Man arrested for attempting to blow up vehicle in Pentagon parking lot, prosecutors say