AUBURN Ala. (WRBL)- A death investigation is underway along Southview Drive in Auburn. Police officers, investigators and yellow crime scene tape surrounds a house along the street.
Auburn Assistant Police Chief Will Matthews confirmed with our sister station WRBL News 3 on the scene, the body is NOT associated with missing person case of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard.
Lee Co. Coroner Bill Harris confirms he is on the way to the scene where a body was located late Sunday afternoon. A homeowner is telling News 3 the body was discovered in a shed.
Dozens of Auburn police officers and investigators are on the scene.
Assistant Chief Matthews was not ready to say if the body is a man or a woman or the suspected circumstances surrounding the death. He will only say a death investigation is underway.
News 3 is working to confirm if the death investigation may be connected to Chih-Kai-Lai, a 21-year-old Auburn University student from Taiwan who was reported missing to Auburn Police on Aug. 19.
News 3 will update you as soon as we can.
- The Full July Buck Moon happens this weekend, and partial penumbral lunar eclipse
- 2 dead, 8 injured in Lavish Lounge Night Club shooting in Greenville Co.
- Central Alabama Forecast: Rain Increasing Next Week
- Blood drive for Neuroblastoma Awareness in memory of 10-year-old
- Community calls for change after Galleria shooting claims life of 8-year-old boy