UPDATE(12/2 2:00 p.m.): The Jefferson County Coroner’s office identified the victim as Megan Louise Montgomery from Hoover.
Mountain Brook Police say the primary suspect turned himself in and is being held in the city’s jail.
The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE (12/2): Investigators say they believe the victim has been identified, but they are waiting on official confirmation from the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office.
MBPD also says they’ve identified a possible suspect.
“The investigation has revealed this is possibly a domestic violence related homicide and there is no known threat to the general public.”
ORIGINAL: MOUNTAIN BROOK, Ala. (WIAT) — A homicide investigation is underway after police found a woman’s body in a Mountain Brook parking lot.
Sunday morning police found her body in the parking lot of the Mountain Brook Athletic Complex in the 3600 block of Bethune Drive, according to police. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
At this time, police have not identified the victim in this investigation. Officials have not released any further details into the case and there is no word on if there are any suspects in custody.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- As globe hits 40 million COVID-19 cases, here are the US states seeing the highest increases
- Watch: Bruce Willis just (briefly) brought back his Die Hard role
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- 7.5 earthquake near Alaska triggers tsunami warning
- BPD investigating hit and run that killed driver on I-59