UPDATE(12/2 2:00 p.m.): The Jefferson County Coroner’s office identified the victim as Megan Louise Montgomery from Hoover.
Mountain Brook Police say the primary suspect turned himself in and is being held in the city’s jail.
The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE (12/2): Investigators say they believe the victim has been identified, but they are waiting on official confirmation from the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office.
MBPD also says they’ve identified a possible suspect.
“The investigation has revealed this is possibly a domestic violence related homicide and there is no known threat to the general public.”
ORIGINAL: MOUNTAIN BROOK, Ala. (WIAT) — A homicide investigation is underway after police found a woman’s body in a Mountain Brook parking lot.
Sunday morning police found her body in the parking lot of the Mountain Brook Athletic Complex in the 3600 block of Bethune Drive, according to police. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
At this time, police have not identified the victim in this investigation. Officials have not released any further details into the case and there is no word on if there are any suspects in custody.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- JCSO investigating Birchwood Street homicide
- Residents asking for help fixing roads in Greene County after flooding
- Alabama sheriff tries to bar gambling, drinking evidence
- Ex-Auburn players Robinson, Bray granted bond on pot charges
- Super Tuesday countdown: Texas may be a make-or-break for 2020 Democratic candidates