BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is searching for new information to help solve a 2010 cold case murder.
On Feb. 10, 2010, around 1:20 p.m., officers from West Precinct responded to 3428 Willard Avenue SW on a call of a person shot.
Officers arrived and found the victim, Jeffrey Wormley, lying on his back just inside the front door of his residence suffering from a gunshot wound. Multiple gunshots were heard and a male was seen leaving walking toward Wilson Road.
- Newsfeed Now: Simone Biles withdraws from all-around gymnastics competition; Shopper goes on the attack after debit card declined
- LIST: Central Alabama schools set to kick off new academic year
- ‘Woohoo!’: Ana Zolotic, Olympic gold medalist from Largo gets surprise welcome home
- DOJ says Mo Brooks’ Jan. 6th speech was not part of his official duties
- McCormick recalls seasoning products over salmonella threat