BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (8/4): The Birmingham Police Department has identified a victim who was killed in a shooting Tuesday morning.
Earl Lee Junior Alexander, 40, was found suffering from a gunshot wound in the 7100 block of 2nd Avenue South. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information has been released at this time. No suspects are currently in custody.
ORIGINAL (8/4): Officers with the Birmingham Police Department are responding to a fatal shooting that happened in the 7100 block of 2nd Avenue South Tuesday morning.
According to officers on the scene, police were called out to a report on shots that had been fired in the area. When they arrived, they found a man lying dead in the alley.
As of Tuesday morning, no suspects were in custody and no motive had been established in the shooting.
This is a developing story. More information will be published as it is released.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate