BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (8/4): The Birmingham Police Department has identified a victim who was killed in a shooting Tuesday morning.
Earl Lee Junior Alexander, 40, was found suffering from a gunshot wound in the 7100 block of 2nd Avenue South. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information has been released at this time. No suspects are currently in custody.
ORIGINAL (8/4): Officers with the Birmingham Police Department are responding to a fatal shooting that happened in the 7100 block of 2nd Avenue South Tuesday morning.
According to officers on the scene, police were called out to a report on shots that had been fired in the area. When they arrived, they found a man lying dead in the alley.
As of Tuesday morning, no suspects were in custody and no motive had been established in the shooting.
This is a developing story. More information will be published as it is released.
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits