BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A Birmingham man has been arrested and charged with robbing someone Tuesday night.
According to a press release from the Birmingham Police Department, officers received a report of a suspect using a knife to rob a woman as she was getting in her car at 50 Medical Park Drive.
“During the course of the robbery, the victim sustained a non-life threatening cut from the suspect,” the release stated. “The suspect managed to flee that location and burglarized a nearby home.”
From there, officers claimed the suspect entered the home with the victim’s keys. After leaving the scene, the suspect was involved in a pursuit with officers.
Officers subsequently arrested Christopher Goodlett, 34, and charged him with first-degree robbery, first-degree theft of property and first-degree burglary.
Goodlett is currently in the Birmingham City Jail.
- Forestdale community concerned about massive dump fire
- A message from Kelsey Starling’s dive team, one year later
- Hotel employee calls police on Black family of guests using pool
- Tommy Tuberville campaign bus fire shuts down portions of I-59 in DeKalb County
- New York man accused of stealing $50K in food from charity