BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police responded to a shooting just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night at the Ensley Food Mart on Avenue E.
Upon arrival, officers found the store owner Amin Poonawalla, 62, lying unresponsive in the parking lot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe he was possibly locking up the store when he was shot several times. At this point, police have not arrested any suspects.
If you have any information on the shooting, call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers
- 1 killed in Dora house fire