BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police responded to a shooting just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night at the Ensley Food Mart on Avenue E.
Upon arrival, officers found the store owner Amin Poonawalla, 62, lying unresponsive in the parking lot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe he was possibly locking up the store when he was shot several times. At this point, police have not arrested any suspects.
If you have any information on the shooting, call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured