HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Bessemer teen is facing a capital murder charge for a fatal shooting on Friday involving a 19-year-old.
Agents with the U.S. Marshals Service Gulf States Regional Fugitive Taskforce took Kendall Patrick Langham, 18, into custody Monday morning. Langham has been charged with capital murder in the death of 19-year-old Kristopher Michael Shelly Jr., who died a day after being shot in the head. Hoover police officers say Shelly Jr. was shot early Friday morning at the Woods of Hoover apartment complex.
The Jefferson County District Attorney’s office issued a warrant for Langham’s arrest after reviewing evidence and witness testimony provided by Hoover Police detectives and crime scene technicians.
Langham was transported to the Hoover City Jail and will be booked into the Jefferson County Jail without bond.
- When is Donald Trump speaking at CPAC?
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class action lawsuit
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- Woman reportedly shot at Birmingham gas station