BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Police Officer Sgt. Gibson confirmed to CBS 42 that an apartment shooting is under investigation after a person received a leg injury when someone shot into the building.
The incident happened in the 2000 block of Avenue J. Officers say that the injured, a male, was hit in the leg when the shooting occurred. The victim was transported to the hospital with what appears to be non-life-threatening injuries.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- 1 dead after shooting in Fairfield, woman being questioned
- Small Business Saturday brings excitement for Homewood businesses
- Omicron: World scurries to contain new COVID variant
- Spoiled generation: 4 in 5 parents say children aren’t thankful for what they have
- Tractor trailer overturns at ‘Dead Man’s Curve’ on Interstate 20