COLBERT COUNTY Ala. (AP/WIAT) — UPDATE (1/22): The Alabama Department of Corrections has recaptured an inmate who escaped custody Monday.
Xavier Lamont Armstead was recaptured in Florence Wednesday after fleeing from a job site in Tuscumbia.
Authorities also took 23-year-old Kayla Jean Fryer into custody. She was found with Armstead at the time of his arrest. She was charged with hindering and apprehension of an escapee.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL (1/21): Authorities are searching for an inmate who escaped from a work-release program in northwest Alabama.
A report from the Alabama Department of Corrections says 26-year-old Xavier Lamont Armstead escaped from custody in Colbert County on Monday afternoon.
He left a job site in Tuscumbia, Alabama, and has not been seen since. Lamont was serving a more than a 19-year sentence for third-degree burglary.
Court records show he has multiple arrests on charges including burglary, forgery, theft and receiving stolen property.
How to identify Armstead
- Race: Black
- Age: 26
- Height: 6’11”
- Weight: 145 lbs
- Hair: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Clothing: Grey sweatshirt, blue jeans, black toboggan and black shoes
If anyone has information concerning Armstead’s whereabouts, they are encouraged to contact the Alabama Department of Corrections at 1-800-831-8825.
- Auburn overcomes 17-point deficit to beat Tennessee 73-66
- 2020 Severe Weather Preparedness sales tax holiday
- Central AL Forecast: Dry until Monday
- Calhoun County Commission holding press conference concerning Coronavirus
- Former All-American Auburn softball player Kasey Cooper held softball camp