BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 27-year-old Mulga man has been arrested in a homicide that occurred last Thursday afternoon.
Birmingham Police detectives arrested Nicholas Miranda in the murder of Tommy Brown, 49, of Birmingham.
According to investigators, Brown died in a shooting on 4th Avenue North following an altercation around noon Thursday. Birmingham Fire officials pronounced Brown dead on scene.
Miranda was booked into the Jefferson County Jail on $100,000 bond.
This is Birmingham’s 54th homicide investigation of 2020.
LATEST ON CRIME
- Person found dead inside car along I-65 in Birmingham
- AMBER Alert canceled for 16-month-old boy in Tuscaloosa, suspect still at large
- 1 dead, suspect in custody in Sunday shooting in Greensboro
- Teen charged in Mulga homicide
- Update: Tuscaloosa man shot and killed his wife