BROOKSIDE, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say they received a 911 call from a 7-year-old who reported a family member had been stabbed in their home.
Brookside police Chief Mike Jones told news outlets that officers responded to a home Wednesday and found a man with severe lacerations. The victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
The 7-year-old, as well as a 2-year-old, had been left there while the suspect and his mother escaped. Police identified the suspect as the victim’s father, James Alvis. Jones says the two were arguing when Alvis slashed him. He’s charged with domestic violence.
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Auburn man sentenced for making false statements to FBI about involvement distributing ISIS propaganda
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Doug Jones wary of GOP rush to fill SCOTUS vacancy