BROOKSIDE, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say they received a 911 call from a 7-year-old who reported a family member had been stabbed in their home.
Brookside police Chief Mike Jones told news outlets that officers responded to a home Wednesday and found a man with severe lacerations. The victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
The 7-year-old, as well as a 2-year-old, had been left there while the suspect and his mother escaped. Police identified the suspect as the victim’s father, James Alvis. Jones says the two were arguing when Alvis slashed him. He’s charged with domestic violence.
- 5 indicted in fatal shooting of Ramsay High senior
- Florida man arrested after harassing families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims
- ‘No place like Miami’: Super Bowl returns to South Florida for 11th time
- Lawmakers looking to keep Trump from expanding travel ban
- NFL writer John Clayton predicts Mahomes will propel Chiefs to Super Bowl win