BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — As the investigation continues, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office has made a sixth arrest in the murder of 17-year-old Stanley Turner II.
20-year-old Rodriquez T. Allen from McCalla, was arrested Nov. 29, 2019, and has been charged with murder and first-degree robbery. He is being held at the Shelby County Jail on bonds totaling $500,000.
Allen along with Jamicah Jordan, Jakobi Witherspoon, Aja Whitt, Jamaal Phillips and another male juvenile are all charged with murder and first-degree robbery in the death of Turner II.
On October 20, deputies found Turner II dead in the parking lot in his vehicle at the Sonesta Extended Stay Suites from an apparent gunshot wound.
This is still an ongoing homicide investigation
- UA producing protective equipment for healthcare workers battling COVID-19
- Avoiding the grocery store? Local farmers markets opening early with drive-thru and delivery options
- Birmingham Zoo takes precaution following confirmed COVID-19 case in NYC zoo tiger
- Hoarding not the only reason for toilet paper shortage
- State Health Officer: Alabamians are not practicing ‘social distancing’ the way they should