ELMORE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT/AP) — Authorities say four people are facing drug charges after being arrested while visiting an Alabama prison.
A statement from the Alabama Department of Corrections says the four were taken into custody at Elmore prison on Saturday.
Dogs are used to sniff for drugs as visitors enter the prison area. The agency says canines alerted on three cars, and searches discovered drugs in each vehicle.
Two suspects were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, they include 41-year-old Kenyatta Graham of Cam Hill and 19-year-old Adriana Halkias of Madison. A third suspect, 22-year-old Aaliyah Danner of Montgomery was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
Another person, 67-year-old Norman Mangione of Sylacauga, was arrested after officers found marijuana in his pocket during a search.
The department is trying to reduce drugs and other contraband inside Alabama prisons following a series of problems at multiple lockups.
- “Legally Blonde 3” pushed to 2022
- Central AL Forecast: Rain subsiding, cloudy tomorrow; Tropical Storm Zeta Forms
- Tuscaloosa County voters head to the polls for absentee voting Saturday
- AMBER Alert canceled: Victims found safe, suspect in custody in Kansas
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’