BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an apparent murder-suicide in Bessemer Friday afternoon.
Authorities were called to a residence on Rice Creek Lane just after 12:45 p.m. on a report of two people shot. Deputies found a man and a woman dead on the scene.
An elderly subject was also at the scene but was unharmed in the shooting.
JCSO is classifying the incident as a murder-suicide at this time.
No other information has been released at this time. This is an ongoing investigation.
- ‘Glow on the Green’ golf fundraiser hosted by CBS 42, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Suspect arrested in connection to East Jefferson County shooting death
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots