PINSON, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is currently searching for two suspects who may have been involved in a robbery Wednesday night.
At approximately 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, the Chevron on Hwy. 75 in Pinson was robbed by two black men who were armed and fled the scene in a silver Mitsubishi Mirage, according to a release from the JCSO. Shortly afterwards, a Jefferson County deputy observed a vehicle with occupants matching the description of the suspects. Deputies pursued the vehicle to the Highland Trace area, where the vehicle crashed. While fleeing the area, the suspects fired upon deputies, who then returned fire. None of the deputies were injured in the exchange.
There is currently a search for these two suspects. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is assisting in the investigation.
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- After Floyd’s death, black lawmakers call for federal antilynching law
- 2 men, 1 of them naked, arrested after being caught in a home with two juveniles
- Elderly woman killed in Oxford house fire, 2 others injured
- Dems scrap vote on FISA bill after Trump threatens veto