BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (12/9/19): The Birmingham Police Department report that both victims have been identified in connection to Sunday’s homicide investigation.
The victims have been identified as 18-year-old Kendall Jamal Shack of Birmingham, and 18-year-old Ivey Carter Wilson III of Birmingham.
Sunday, east precinct officers responded to a call of shots fired and a person down in the 200 block of Tucker Avenue. When they arrived, officers discovered Shack and Wilson lying in the roadway unresponsive.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue arrived with the Jefferson County Coroner and pronounced both victims deceased on the scene.
There are still no suspects in custody. Investigators are continuing to gather information.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, they are encouraged to contact the Birmingham police homicide unit at 205-254-1764 or call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
Original Story: Birmingham police are investigating a shooting that left two male victims dead.
Around 5:20 p.m., Birmingham police responded to a call of a shooting at Lawson Road and Tucker Avenue. Once officers arrived, they found two male victims lying in the road, police report.
At this time police have not released information on the two victims. And they report there are no suspects in custody.
Check back as more information becomes available.
- Former Saints player Steve Gleason honored with Congressional gold medal
- ‘He’s the greatest coach’: Chiefs fan takes Andy Reid love to the next level with new tattoo
- PHOTOS: Olympic rings arrive in host city on barge into Tokyo Bay
- Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton
- Trump’s trial begins at the start of an election year