BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (12/9/19): The Birmingham Police Department report that both victims have been identified in connection to Sunday’s homicide investigation.
The victims have been identified as 18-year-old Kendall Jamal Shack of Birmingham, and 18-year-old Ivey Carter Wilson III of Birmingham.
Sunday, east precinct officers responded to a call of shots fired and a person down in the 200 block of Tucker Avenue. When they arrived, officers discovered Shack and Wilson lying in the roadway unresponsive.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue arrived with the Jefferson County Coroner and pronounced both victims deceased on the scene.
There are still no suspects in custody. Investigators are continuing to gather information.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, they are encouraged to contact the Birmingham police homicide unit at 205-254-1764 or call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
Original Story: Birmingham police are investigating a shooting that left two male victims dead.
Around 5:20 p.m., Birmingham police responded to a call of a shooting at Lawson Road and Tucker Avenue. Once officers arrived, they found two male victims lying in the road, police report.
At this time police have not released information on the two victims. And they report there are no suspects in custody.
Check back as more information becomes available.
- Coronavirus: Local traveling nurse warns Birmingham residents
- UAB to partake in COVID-19 clinical trial using nitric oxide
- COVID-19 has led to fewer illegal crossings at the border, DHS officials say
- Report: Alabama is 4th least aggressive state in battling COVID-19
- Rep. Brooks, wife make 50 face shields for healthcare workers battling COVID-19