BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Update (11/26): The Blount County Sheriff’s Office identifies the man and woman who were found dead Sunday as Ricky McKee and Delilah Susie McKee.
Family says Delilah goes by the name “Susie” and she is a victim of domestic violence.
Susie’s family set up a GoFundMe to help with funeral costs.
According to the GoFundMe page, Ricky and Susie were separated.
“He moved out of their home, however Susie continued to fear for her safety. She did everything right — got a lawyer, filed a report, went to court, got a restraining order. Ricky violated this restraining order on multiple occasions.”- the page reads.
The Leslie family says they ask for prayers more than anything, and they are extremely grateful for any monetary donations that will help cover unexpected funeral costs.
If you would like to donate, click here.
Original Story (11/25): Sheriff Mark Moon confirms a man and a woman were found dead Sunday near the Smoke Rise community in Blount County.
It appears to be domestic-related and there is no ongoing threat to the public.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Central AL Forecast: Weather pattern stays fairly active through the weekend
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- Shoppers camp out in Alabaster for new gaming systems
- More young people being hospitalized with COVID-19, UAB doctor says
- Tennessee mayor waits on Holy Spirit’s guidance before ordering mask mandate