BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham police are on the scene of a shooting that took place in the Graymont neighborhood area on the 100 block of 3rd Avenue West.
According to BPD, two to three men were shooting at each other, starting a block away from the area, when an 18-year-old was shot in the stomach.
BPD state that the teenager was also involved in the shooting.
Police do not know why the group of men was shooting at each other. The injured teenager is currently in surgery. His condition is unknown at this time.
There are no suspects in custody.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Bessemer City Schools cancel all fall middle school sports due to COVID-19 risks
- Family protests local hospital, says staff wrongfully declared loved one deceased
- Oklahoma woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- The Great Receipt Race kicks off in Birmingham