TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Police Department are investigating a case involving one person who was shot on The Strip along University Boulevard Friday.
According to the TPD, the victim is now being treated for their injuries and the department’s violent crimes unit is now handling the investigation.
TPD has arrested one person in connection to the shooting. 22-year-old Zachary Profozich was arrested and charged with attempted murder. He is being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $60,000 bond.
The Strip is a small area of restaurants and bars along University Boulevard near the University of Alabama that is popular with college students.
No other details to release at this time.
- Trump spokesperson says armed men outside Florida early voting location not hired by campaign
- Volunteers needed for Safe Passage Program
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- Central AL Forecast: One more dry day, rain chances and a possible cool-down coming
- 2 arrested after leading deputies on chase believed to be a kidnapping