TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Police Department are investigating a case involving one person who was shot on The Strip along University Boulevard Friday.
According to the TPD, the victim is now being treated for their injuries and the department’s violent crimes unit is now handling the investigation.
TPD has arrested one person in connection to the shooting. 22-year-old Zachary Profozich was arrested and charged with attempted murder. He is being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $60,000 bond.
The Strip is a small area of restaurants and bars along University Boulevard near the University of Alabama that is popular with college students.
No other details to release at this time.
- Central AL Forecast: Cold front moves through today with rain ending and cooler temperatures
- North Pratt community members upset over flooding death of 31-year-old man
- Arvada officer identified in fatal shooting; ‘Samaritan’ also killed, not yet identified; suspect dead
- Murdered New Orleans woman’s last texts from Russia: ‘In car with stranger. Hope I’m not being abducted’
- Brent man being held on $1M bond after being charged with sexually abusing a child, relatives also arrested