TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Police Department are investigating a case involving one person who was shot on The Strip along University Boulevard Friday.
According to the TPD, the victim is now being treated for their injuries and the department’s violent crimes unit is now handling the investigation.
TPD has arrested one person in connection to the shooting. 22-year-old Zachary Profozich was arrested and charged with attempted murder. He is being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $60,000 bond.
The Strip is a small area of restaurants and bars along University Boulevard near the University of Alabama that is popular with college students.
No other details to release at this time.
- School safety protocols at Birmingham City Schools
- Chris Christie: ‘I just can’t’ back Trump for president again
- Elephant in the dining room: Startup makes mammoth meatball
- Tuscaloosa Police discuss school safety following Nashville shooting
- Skeletal remains from Lake Mead are from person who died nearly 49 years ago